Dropping Monsters: How low can you go?
In this crazy game, players have to score as low as possible to win a prize!
- Featured Game: Dropping Monsters
- Game Type : Tactical / Brainbox / High Scorer
- Turn Duration : About a minute.
How to Play
Each game starts with a rack of monsters, numbered 1 to 9. Your score is worked out by simply reading across the monsters.
Your starting score is a massive 123,456,789!
The aim of the game is to eliminate the monsters, thus reducing your score.
Each turn, you roll two dice. Dependent on your throw, you can remove any combination of monsters which add up to your throw.
For example, if you roll an eight, you can drop any monsters that add up to eight
I’ve dropped 1, 2 and 5 so my new score is 346,780
The dice are thrown again and more monster combinations can be dropped.
The game ends when a throw has no combinations.
In this game, I cannot drop any more monsters with a 9, so my final score is 48
Customisable prize bands can be set in Dropping Monsters to reward better scores.
- If a player gets less than 100, a small prize could be awarded
- If a player breaks the 50 barrier, they could win a better prize.
- A star prize could be awarded for players who achieve the perfect score of 0!
Here are some tactics, we’ve come up with when we drop monsters
- Maybe eliminate the high numbers first, and pick of the small numbers later.
- Remember 7 is the most popular dice throw, so try to keep a combination of 7 available
- Avoid eliminating the 2 too early - a subsequent throw of Snake Eyes (double one) would end your game immediately